Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Papers should discuss the themes of Islam, Muslim Society, or other religions, written either in English or Arabic, projecting the scheme of Islamic civilization and thought, and worldview of Islam;
- Papers’ length is about 6,000-8,000 words;
- All submission should be in Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format and All submission must include a 150-200 word abstract;
- Full name(s) of the author(s) must be stated in the title page, along with his/her/their institution and complete address;
- Arabic words should be transliterated according to the style of Kemenag Manual;
- When a source is cited for the first time, full information is provided: full name(s) of author(s), title of the source in italic, place of publication, publishing company, date of publication, and the precise page that is cited. For the following citations of the same source, list the author’s last name, two or three words of the title, and the specific page number(s). The word ibid. may be used, but cit., and loc.cit. are not.
- The title of the article submitted to Sarwah: Journal of Islamic Civilization and Thought should reflect a specific focus of study, based on researches--be they library or fieldwork researches--and thus the author can have a general statement and sub-title specifically confining the scope of study
- The article should contain an argument/thesis/finding which contribute to scholarly discussion in a field of study which should clearly be mentioned and systematically presented in abstract, content, and conclusion.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.